"Comprehensive Bio-Screen" Preparation Guide
IMPORTANT: This is a FASTING blood draw and urinalysis! Please review the fasting instructions carefully.
Your Comprehensive Bio-Screen can be performed at any LabCorp location of your choice. For a simple and effective experience, follow the instructions below.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Lab Requisition Form: attached to your Welcome Email. This must be taken with you to the lab.
- Photo ID
PREPARE TO FAST
- This is a FASTING blood draw and urinalysis! You must not eat or drink any non-water liquids for 12 hours prior to your appointment.
- Water is allowed and encouraged! Dehydration can throw off certain test results. The goal is to consume half of your body weight in ounces of water in the 24 hours leading up to the blood draw and urinalysis (e.g. if you weigh 180 lbs you should drink 90 ounces of water per 24 hour period).
- Do not fast longer than 14 hours. Example: if your appointment is at 10am on Wednesday, have your last meal between 8pm and 10pm on Tuesday.
- Tip: Set an alert on your phone to remind you to stop eating 12 hours prior to your appointment.
HAVE YOUR LABS TAKEN
- Choose your location. Go here to find the LabCorp location closest to you. You may make an appointment however it is not necessary.
- Bring your Blood Draw Requisition Form and ID. Print or bring a digital copy of the Requisition Form (attached to your Welcome Email) to your appointment along with a photo ID.
- Have a full bladder. There will be a urine sample taken so have a full bladder when you arrive!
- Tip: Aim to have your labs performed in the morning to make fasting easier.